Located on 2,500 acres of land in central Maine, our Somerset Mill is an integrated pulping and papermaking operation where we manufacture coated freesheet papers, grease-proof packaging papers and bleached chemical pulp. The three paper machines use Sappi North America's in-house developed online finishing technology, which set a quality bar for publication grades and reaps productivity benefits from fully integrating paper forming, coating and finishing.
Position (job title): Project Engineer - Electrical
Work Site: Mill Somerset
This position is responsible for managing all aspects for the successful implementation of capital projects including:
- Development of project scope, estimate and justification
- Generation and submittal of capital expenditure requests
- Development of major equipment specifications and support of the purchasing process
- Management of the detailed engineering process using internal and external resources
- Contractor inquiry, award and management
- Insuring that project documentation and training is completed to would class standards
- Cost tracking and budget management
- Managing project schedules and coordinating outages to plan
This position will also be required to supply technical support to Maintenance and Operations.
Essential Function Responsibilities:
- Plan, budget, develop and direct capital projects
- Provide technical engineering and project management oversight for the design, installation, and maintenance of projects
- Assist with troubleshooting related to operations and maintenance
Special Skills/Certifications, etc.:
- Ability to manage multiple priorities within multiple concurrent project timelines
- Familiarity with Microsoft Project, Excel, Word and AutoCAD
- Be an engaged and motivated learner
- The ability to work and thrive in a 24/7 industrial environment
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology
- Pulp and Paper experience preferred
Salary is determined by a number of factors including the value of the job to the organization, market forces, internal equity and skills brought to the job.
HR Contact for Questions: Cayla Tozier
Contact Information: 207-238-3441 , email@example.com
Sappi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Sappi complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.