Located on 2,500 acres of land in central Maine, our Somerset Mill is an integrated pulping and papermaking operation where we manufacture coated freesheet papers, grease-proof packaging papers and bleached chemical pulp. The three paper machines use Sappi North America's in-house developed online finishing technology, which set a quality bar for publication grades and reaps productivity benefits from fully integrating paper forming, coating and finishing.
Position (job title): Production Engineer - Paper Machine 1
Work Site: Mill Somerset
Somerset is currently looking for a production engineer to provide technical, process and production engineering support for Paper Machine 1. The incumbent will optimize the performance of the process to improve production capability. Identifies and implements projects to maintain and improve the production volume, quality, and cost effectiveness of the Somerset operation.
- Responsible for managing and complying with all safety, hygiene, and environmental systems and programs to ensure a safe, wholesome workplace.
- The incumbent will provide technical advice and service within PM 1 to improve process efficiencies, product quality and cost.
- As a key member of PM 1, the successful candidate will interact with all parts of the Sappi organization, internally and externally to recommend, initiate and execute projects.
- Strive to devise new approaches for determining solutions to improve problems encountered.
- Have the ability and desire to grow technically.
- Have the ability to fill in for the machine operations manager.
- Have the desire and skill sets to be promoted to machine operations manager and higher levels of responsibility.
- BS degree in Engineering.
- 5-10 years’ experience in pulp or papermaking processes is required.
- Demonstrated interpersonal, communication and project leadership skills.
- Strong computer, organizational and analytical skills.
- Strong experience in papermaking process, including calendaring and coating.
Salary is determined by a number of factors including the value of the job to the organization, market forces, internal equity and skills brought to the job.
HR Contact for Questions: Cayla Tozier
Contact Information: 207-238-3441 , email@example.com
Sappi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Sappi complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.