Sappi Southern Africa
Forestry Saiccor Customer Services Centre
Management Forester Khulisa - South Coastal ( HRL 15 )
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
Sappi Southern Africa- Forests is seeking a suitably qualified candidate to market Forestry and direct the development of emerging farmers and communities to create sustainable forestry enterprises and supply fibre to Sappi markets
REPORTING TO : Projects Manager / Forestry Manager
• Ensure that Growers reestablish their crops in the most effective manner
• Develop a reestablishment APO and nursery seedling order
• Support the development of contractor/grower capacity for reestablishment
- Conduct field visits in order to monitor and identify risks so as to ensure quality & cost standards are complied with
- Develop a phased harvesting delivery plan for the relevant district
- Monitor and reconcile with Sales Plan, the monthly sales volumes of each product per plantation to meet market demand
- Support the development of contractor capacity
- Advise contractors on harvesting methods, systems and timing of harvesting
- Advise on safety standards in accordance with the RMS / OSHAct
- Ensure that timber leaving depot and plantation for mills conforms to the required mill specifications
- Update grower detail to ensure correct payment
- Activate grower/contractor accounts on TCS
- Facilitate rate negotiation between contractors and growers
- To ensure that outstanding loans are recovered
KEY COMPETENCIES / SKILLS
- Interpersonal skills.
- Planning, Organizing and Innovative
- Attention to detail.
- Risk Management and Fire fighting skills
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- National Diploma in Forestry , Agriculture, Horticulture, Environment or Community
- Up to five years relevant experience.
- Valid EB (08) driver’s License
Closing date: 24 May 2019
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issue while applying contact your HR contact.
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.