Sappi Southern Africa
Global Business Services - Amanzimtoti
Financial Accountant - General Ledger ( HRL 17 )
Sappi Southern Africa requires a Financial Accountant: General Ledgers to manage the General Ledgers of all South African business units by preparing all reconciliations, raising sundry debtors, posting journals and keeping intercompany accounts in balance.
The main responsibilities of this role are:
- Assume overall responsibility for all General Ledger reconciliations for all business units in SA including reviewing General Ledger reconciliations
- Manages and implements the new Reconciliation tool by configuring and providing training.
- Coordinate the preparation and processing of standard journals for all business units in SA, ensuring it is done in a timely manner
- Manage the sundry billing process for all units and ensuring the sundry billing process is standardised by developing procedures to support this.
- Manage the process of all intercompany charges and balancing by coordinating the activities of junior team members.
- Manages vendor and customer sensitive master data.
- Ensure procedures are up to date and adhered to, update when required.
- Manages and guides team in the consignment stock process. Ensures process remains relevant and updates when required.
- Manages the Journal entry tool. Investigates the possibility of implementing a journal entry tool and software options.
- Presents improvements to management to justify and obtain approvals to implement new systems and technology
- Manage the change management process involved in the implementation of new procedures, systems and technologies.
- Authorisation of payments. (B signatory)
- Allocation of work to eliminate bottlenecks.
- Review of controls to ensure compliance to set standards e.g. SOX, SODs.
- Plan for month end activities
- Responsible for weekly and daily cashflow forecasting for the whole of Sappi SA
- Manage the cashbook function, ensuring payments comply to procedures and are on time.
- Liaise with banks
A successful candidate should possibly have:
- A degree in Finance/Accounting
- At least eight (8) years relevant financial experience
- Proficient in MS Office / SAP/ GL
Closing date: 20 May 2019
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issue while applying contact your HR contact.
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.