Sappi Southern Africa
Maintenance Engineer (Support) (Grade S7 / HRL 16)
Sappi Tugela Mill requires two Maintenance Engineers (Support) to assist the Maintenance Engineers with the management and implementation of Mechanical standards and specifications in the desigated sections within the mill.
The main responsibilities of this job are:
- Assists in identifying and addresses plant maintenance problems through meetings, inspections and feedback mechanisms in order to ensure excellence in engineering services provided.
- Assists in ensuring the provision, maintenance and integrity of plant drawings, technical documentation, process control software and equipment specifications by the institution and enforcement of effective control procedures.
- Keeping abreast of technical developments and discipline knowledge for the continuous improvement of the Section.
- Assist the Engineer in monitoring and repair systems to ensure maximum availability of plant equipment.
- Assists with the supervision and co-ordination of the functional management and engineering skills of the department, in order to ensure the provision and maintenance of standards, performance and resources, with respect to plant and services.
- Identifies and addresses plant maintenance problems through meetings, inspections and feedback mechanisms in order to ensure excellence in engineering services provided.
- Oversees and ensures the provision, maintenance and integrity of plant drawings, technical documentation, process control software and equipment specifications by the institution and enforcement of effective control procedures.
- Assists with the administration of the department with respect to staff goals and performance, budgets, reports, training and compliance with Sappi and OHS Act Safety regulations.
- Any further responsibilities as may be required within the overall responsibilities of the department.
- Prepares and produces tender documentation for special projects, obtains quotations and makes recommendations for awarding of contracts.
- Supervises and oversees installation work and commissioning of projects through to handover
- Ensure compliance to relevant legislation and SHEQ standards within scope of control.
- Investigates incidents (SHEQ) and identify root causes of Non-Conformances and corrects deviations.
- Maintains a high level of good housekeeping in the workplace at all time
The ideal candidate should have:
- BSc, B Eng or B Tech Mechanical Engineering Degree
- At least 2 years’ experience and/or completed EIT Program
- Computer Literate (Microsoft Office)
- SAP MM/PM would be advantageous
- Eligible to write a Certificate of Competency (GCC Factories) exam
Closing Date for Applications : 26 June 2019
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issue while applying contact your HR contact.
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.