Sappi Southern Africa
PROCESS CONTROLLER IN TRAINING - KLB (GRADE 11)
Sappi Ngodwana Mill is offering a training and development program to become a competent Process Controller on PM 1 by completing necessary manuals, obtaining minimum qualification and licences
This role reports into the Shift Superintendent
The main responsibilities of this job are:
- Safely and efficiently operate the equipment and to ensure optimum production output and quality at the best cost with minimum downtime, rejections and effluent.
- Perform pre – start inspection according to the best operating practices
- Start up and shut down the wet end according to best operating practices
- Control all visual and physical paper properties except calliper
- Take corrective action whenever problems occur on paper quality
- Report operational problems, abnormal conditions and equipment defects to the shift superintendent
- Optimize furnish mixes at all times as directed by production requirement
- Complete exception report on a shift basis and take action on non - conformances
- Check all consistencies and compare with laboratory results twice per shift – take corrective action on discrepancies
- Check felt and wire cleaning sequence
- Check and correct excessive effluent flows and fresh water make – up
- Perform shut tasks as assigned by Shift Superintendent
- Lock out equipment to be maintained in line with the mill lock out procedure
- Lift and move items using an overhead crane safely and efficiently
- Record mechanical, electrical, instrumentation or operating downtime in the OEE system
- Take and hand over shift
- Provide on the job training for trainees
- Identify and take corrective action in terms of SHEQ conditions and hazards
- Carries out BBS Observations
- Understand and comply with all relevant SHEQ requirements of the job.
- Maintains a high level of good housekeeping in the workplace at all times
- Identification; communication and mitigation of risks
The ideal candidate should have:
- Matric (Maths & Science) or N3 Pulp and Paper
- 3 Years KLB experience
- Outside Operator licence
- Study towards relevant NQF 5 qualification
Closing date for applications: 26 August 2019
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issue while applying contact your HR contact.
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.