Sappi Southern Africa
COMMODITY SPECIALIST PROJECTS (12 Months Contract Position)
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Sappi Ngodwana seeks to employ a suitable qualified Commodity / Contract Specialist to render a service in the most cost-effective manner to meet the needs of the Mill
REPORTING TO the Procurement Manager
- Initiates bid and quote process for project services, supplies and equipment.
- Prepares bid documents and oversees the bid process; performs bid analysis and makes recommendations regarding purchases.
- Participate in and or lead multi-functional sourcing teams when assessing a potential Vendor.
- Obtains required documentation to validate and approve new vendors.
- Understand and complies with SHEQ requirements.
- Review terms and conditions applicable to contracts and purchase orders.
- Draft and expedite contracts.
- Create purchase orders on SAP for goods and services.
- Obtain approval in accordance with authority levels.
- Administration of performance guarantees and performance bonds.
- Enforce adherence to contract terms and conditions.
- Resolves problems and issues arising from purchase of services, supplies and equipment with internal and external clients
KEY COMPETENCIES / SKILLS
- Computer literacy (MS Office)
- Relevant SAP knowledge
- Ethical behaviour
- Negotiation skills
- Flexible to changing external & internal environments
- People skills
- Good communication skills
- Planning / Leading / Organizing / Controlling
- Commercial and business acumen
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- Relevant B-degree
- 5 years’ experience in industrial and project procurement.
- SAP MM experience would be advantageous
CLOSING DATE: 31 May 2019
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issue while applying contact your HR contact.
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.