What do you dream of?
A child dreams of a future free from constraints. It's a great quality that we tend to lose as we grow older.
At Sappi Europe, not only do we still want to dream, we want to make our dreams come true. We will continue to consolidate and reinforce our position as one of the world's leading producer of coated fine paper.
To make our dreams come true, we need the right people to share our key employment values: integrity and trust, freedom with responsibility, courage to explore new avenues and personal development.
Do you still dare to dream? Come and talk to us if you do.
CTO for Internal Start-Up
Purpose of the job:
We look for a CTO preferably located in Amesterdam. In this position, you are reporting to a multinational’s CIO. You work in a multicultural & innovative internal startup which recently launched a successful digital product to the market: OctoBoost.
Together with the startup’s CEO you are responsible for developing the strategy to accelerate growth while ensuring development and operational excellence following the lean start-up principles. You are expected to provide sound technical leadership and be the pivotal point of contact to external partners within an AI, print technology and e-commerce ecosystem.
OctoBoost AI-driven print efficiency technology dramatically reduces print costs while increasing revenue through its Magento 2.x based web-to-print shops. Future-proof online print combined with the most powerful print efficiency technology in the industry.
Strong business acumen, negotiation skills and are essential for this role. If you are well-versed in a variety of business concepts and know current technological trends you are the right person for the job.
More specifically, you will have a responsibility in the following areas:
- Developing the start-ups technical strategy in alignment with business goals
- Overseeing all technical aspects of the start-up
- Ensuring that technologies are used efficiently, profitably and securely
- Discovering, evaluating and implementing new technologies and infrastructure
- Managing and coordinating external and internal development resources
- Building quality assurance, legal compliance & cyber-security processes
- Monitoring KPIs and the start-up’s IT budgets
- You have an IT-related Bachelor or Master degree or an equivalent level by experience
- You have 5+ years of progressive engineering leadership experience, including managing product managers and/or global teams
- You have experience with technology relative to the industry: AWS, Magento, PHP, WebServices, Databases…
- You are passionate about new technology trends
- You have strategic thinking and experience in building strategies
- You have excellent negotiating skills
- You have analytical and problem-solving skills
- You are a good team player
- You are customer, service oriented and results-driven
- You are self-motivated, have a proactive personality and an enthusiast ‘can-do’ attitude
- You have exceptional communication skills
- You have an understanding of budgets and business-planning
- You have willingness to travel (up to 20-30%)
- You are fluent in English. German, Dutch &/or french would be an asset.
We offer an a competitive salary package with additional benefits in line with qualifications and professional experience.
All applications will be treated as strictly confidential.
Please submit your application including motivation letter via our application tracking system in our Sappi career portal www.sappi.com\careers-sappi-europe
How to Apply? Please click on the job title and follow the system instructions. If you encounter any issue while applying, please contact your HR contact.