Sappi Southern Africa
SOFTWOOD CHECKER (Scale C)
Sappi Ngodwana Mill seek to place a suitably qualified Softwood Checker to assist the Softwood operator to ensure the smooth running of the softwood chipping process by addressing all non-conformances, breakdowns and problem solving from the entry deck to the softwood chip pile.
REPORTING TO: Shift Superintendent
- Assist with the start-up and shut down of the plant
- Ensure the plant is running according to required rate and quality specifications
- Monitor Disk Scalper dump chute and clean as required
- Take chip samples for testing as per BOP
- Check auxiliary equipment once per shift
- Assist the Operator with the changing of Knives as and when required
- Perform routine inspections and clean and or report defects
- Remove blockages / foreign materials on the Chipper and conveyor systems from the entry deck.
- Identify abnormal / emergency plant conditions and take corrective action according to standard (BOP)
- Isolate plant as required (Authorized Operator)
- Perform house keeping with the team – focus on area of responsibility
- Check correctness of chipping mix at the beginning of each shift and report any non-conformance to the Shift Supt.
- Communicate with Shift Superintendent with regards abnormal conditions and breakdowns
- Communicate with Maintenance employees with regards maintenance work
- Communicate daily with Log loaders.
KEY COMPETENCIES / SKILLS
- Planning and Organising
- Attention to detail
- Computer literacy
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- Matric (Maths and Psychical Science) /N3 Pulp and Paper
- 06 months experience in a Production Environment
Closing date for applications: 26 March 2019
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issue while applying contact your HR contact.
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.