Sappi Southern Africa
DRY END ASSISTANT (Scale B)
Sappi Ngodwana Mill seeks to place suitably qualified Dry End Assistant to ensure, in conjunction with the Dryerman, that the dryer, calendar and pope operations run effectively and ensuring the correct sampling is done, tested and indicated accordingly.
REPORTING TO the Shift Superintendent
- Assist in the clearing of broke from the spools returned from the winder. This will go hand in hand with the input of the tonnages into the PTS system
- Assist in the housekeeping in and outside of the dryer, calendar-pope- and kitchen rail areas.
- Report equipment problems to the shift superintendent.
- Responsible for taking and transferal of samples to the laboratory.
- Assist with rope changes on the machine.
- Assist in the preparation of clothing for the machine.
- Assist on the winder on an adhoc basis as required.
- Stand in for the dryerman as required.
- Assist on KLB paper machine shuts, as required / directed.
- Assist with the feeding of paper after a break and other areas in the Paper Mills jurisdiction, other than their normal functional area.
- Assists with feeding of paper slab onto the broke conveyor for repulping
- Inspect all printouts of every reel against standard specifications for mass and moisture.
- Required to do a comparison of every reel against standards whereby the shift superintendent will have to be informed to decide regarding the paper
- Ensure that all webs requiring a retest is marked “HOLD”. These webs must also be sampled and delivered to the lab for further testing
- Inspect all jumbos for appearance, coverage, formation, sizes, winding, barcoding, levels, slackness, stenciling, strapping, wrapping, creases, blotches and dirt
- Enter all defective webs into the computer to provide an up to date list of rejects at the end of shift
- Enter reel details on winder PTS before winding and changes the details after winding ins the event of paper being rejected.
- Marks trial reel with trail tape when produced.
KEY COMPETENCIES / SKILLS
- Team player
- Attention to detail
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- Grade 12 with Maths and Physical Science or N3 Pulp & Paper
- 0-6moths Production Experience
Closing date for applications: 25 March 2019
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issue while applying contact your HR contact.
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.