Sappi Southern Africa
Senior Stores Clerk ( P11 )
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To ensure effective stock control by being responsible and accountable for the efficient receipt, maintenace and issue of all stock items, with the intention of 100% stock availability.
REPORTING TO: STORES SUPERVISOR
- Effective stock control to ensure 100% stock availability.
- Compile a daily, weekly and monthly report of stores stock and ensure that SAP accurately reflects the actual stocks in the plant.
- Arrange deliveries of materials based on daily stock levels and forecasting.
- Continuously monitor material deliveries based on delivery schedule and generate and maintain reports for material stock management.
- Co-ordinate the collection of scrap, create delivery notes, and sales documents for all sundry sales.
- Monitor abnormal demand, redundant and slow-moving stocks with a view to material optimisation.
- Attend MTD meetings and communicate with the production department on their requirements on a daily basis.
- Co-ordinate the collection of suppliers returnable material.
- Ensure machine clothing stock levels are maintained.
- Update and distribute critical stocks.
- Ensure materials are received, issued and binned according to the inventory procedures.
- Ensure housekeeping excellence and compliance to 5S.
- Attend to special projects and tasks or any other duties as assigned by management or their representatives from time to time.
- Carry out standby duties.
KEY COMPETENCIES / SKILLS
- Business Insight
- Customer Focus
- Self Motivated and energetic
- Inventory Management
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- Grade 12
- Inventory/Stores Management Certificate or related certificate (advantageous)
- Minimum two years Inventory control/ Material handling experience in a manufacturing environment
- Computer literate with Sap experience essential
Closing date: 29 March 2019
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issue while applying contact your HR contact.
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.