Sappi Southern Africa
LEARNING CONSULTANT (Grade 8/HRL15U)
Sappi Ngodwana Mill seeks to place a suitably qualified Training Consultant to plan, design, develop and deliver learning experiences to improve productivity and performance of employees in a specific business area.
REPORTING TO the Learning and Development Manager
- Support line managers, foremen and supervisors in the process of identifying learning needs of their teams by guiding the understanding of competency gap analysis. Advise on the most appropriate learning to address the specific gaps of each individual employee in the supported business area.
- Participate in departmental meetings to identify new business requirements and advise the managers on whether training will add to solving their business challenges or if other solutions need to be found.
- Compile 90-day training plans using the information collected during skills gap analysis.
- Drive the completion of competency gap analysis and development plans for the assigned business area.
- Review the legal licences and certifications monthly and proactively schedule refresher training as needed.
- Facilitate specific classroom based and on-the-floor training.
- Arrange training events that are facilitated by external training providers and ensure the correct governance is followed in terms of approved providers, obtaining quotes and payment processes.
- Work with production, engineering or other line managers to complete workforce demand plans incorporating multi-skilling requirements and pipelines of new entrants.
- Coach foremen and supervisors on people management techniques when requested.
- Promote reports that are available on the learning management system and how to interpret the information available and ensure that managers become self-sufficient in terms of the available reporting.
- Maintain the current catalogue of courses and develop a high level plan in the event of any gaps and present to the learning manager for input.
- Regularly meet with local SHEQ (Safety, Health, Environment and Quality) teams to determine if there are new risks that need to be addressed.
- Execute communication campaigns based on information provided from the regional office and monitor utilisation and employee experience.
- Actively support the development of on-the-job learning experiences including toolbox talks, supervisor-guided role plays, observation-based assessments, log books, work projects, job rotations and peer education.
- Explain the learning policy and process requirements to employees, managers and foremen in the business area.
- Monitor attendance and highlight attendance issues to the relevant head of department and ensure that journals are processed for late cancellations and no-shows.
- Compile the business area’s nominations for business school attendance as well as study assistance.
- Adhere to regulatory standards for assessment and moderations for accredited training.
KEY COMPETENCIES / SKILLS
- Planning and organising
- Attention to detail
- Self-motivated and energetic
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- National Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in human resources development or Industrial Psychology
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in a learning function, preferably in a heavy manufacturing environment
- Exposure Unionised Environment
Closing date for applications: 25 March 2019
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issue while applying contact your HR contact.
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.