Sappi Southern Africa
Saiccor Mill, Umkomaas
Technician : Instrument (Perm/FTC) (Grade HRL15)
To provide high level technical support to the instrument maintenance department, specifically relating to plant optimization and fault diagnosis in order to maximize the availability of the plant.
REPORTS TO: AREA ENGINEER
Complete DCS System Maintenance and Configuration
Interpretation of P&ID, Instruments and Electrical drawings
- Creates instrument loop drawings for new installations previously not on record
- Update and Modifies existing loop drawings indicating the changes made to the loop
- Understands and interprets electrical line/interface diagrams
- Fault-finding malfunctions of field devices and system components with the aid of loop diagrams and test equipment
- Using DCS information to assist with fault-finding and preventative maintenance
- Troubleshooting of system peripherals that constitute the DCS syste using technical expertise to pinpoint failures related to the system components
- Perform system backups for the ABB 400 and the ABB 800 system for section as required.
- Backup the control structure for respective Process Stations
- Backup for the Functional structure for respective Process Stations
- Save backups on a safe storage area and on the H-Drive.
- Install, maintain, repair, overhaul and calibrate a wide variety of industrial process instrumentation, electrochemical sensors.
- Performs field instrumentation work as and when required, during standby duties, during backing up for artisans and when working on the environmental section.
Working closely with and providing technical support to the maintenance Foreman and Artisans.
- Working on minor projects and plant modifications in respective plant sections.
- Fill in the PMRS in respect of any plant modifications and control system changes as required
- Approve expenditure within signing authority (R2,5K)
KEY COMPETENCIES / SKILLS
- Planning and organising
- Problem analysis and solving
- Effective communication
- Instrumentation processes and standards
- Workplace safety
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES /SKILLS
- Relevant NQF level 6 qualification
- 2 years relevant experience within a heavy industry environment
- Supervisory experience will be considered advantageous
Closing Date : 26 March 2019
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issue while applying contact your HR contact.
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.