Sappi Southern Africa
Saiccor Mill, Umkomaas
Structural Plater (Perm/FTC) ( P11 )
To complete maintenance and repairs of a large variety of componants including pipe work, structures and general steelwork to ensure overall plant availability and equipment effectiveness
REPORTING TO ENGINEERING SUPERINTENDENT
- Complete scheduled/planned maintenance as per set requirements
- Perform plant inspections on a daily basis, checking maintaining good plant conditions. Reporting abnormalities to Foreman
- Repair faulty equipment using suitable tools and equipment.
- Complete predictive maintenance activities for example do plant pipe work checks and report abnormal conditions.
- Participate in and execute proactive maintenance activities for example: RCA’s.
- Perform breakdown maintenance on unplanned equipment failures.
- Completed scheduled and planned maintenance during shutdown periods.
- Supervise contract platers, welders and b/makers when required e.g. S/Downs and B/Downs.
- Rig up to 2.5 T during standard maintenance activities.
- Keep tools in good working condition.
- Perform all tasks relating to structural plating requirements i.e. plate developing, forming ,welding cutting etc.
- Participate in and abide by all SHEQ systems in place.
- Uphold aspects of and perform required activities relating to the OHSAct as delegated by superior
- Perform task in any part of the factory when requested by the Responsible superior
- Required to perform standby duties in accordance with the standby schedule for the factory. Complete breakdowns by working overtime if necessary
- Maintain plant in a clean, neat and tidy condition cleaning up the area after work has been performed. Ensure plant is left in a safe and clean manner
- Perform maintenance work at elevated positions i.e. scaffolds, pipe bridges etc.
KEY COMPETENCIES / SKILLS
- Planning and organising
- Problem solving and analysis
- Mechanical Processes and standards
- Maintenance management
- SAP plant maintenance system
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- Grade 12 and N2 Engineering
- N3 Engineering would be preferred
- Recognised Trade Test Certificate as a Structural Plater
- 2 years post-apprenticeship experience in a heavy engineering environment will be advantageous
Closing Date: 26 March 2019
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issue while applying contact your HR contact.
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.