Sappi Southern Africa
Saiccor Mill, Umkomaas
Rigger (Perm/FTC) ( P11 )
To provide rigging services by removing, lifting, conveying and replacing of heavy and large mechanical equipment to ensure overall plant availability and equipment effectiveness
REPORTING TO ENGINEERING SUPERINTENDENT
- Allocate work to his rigger assistants according to their experience and knowledge.
- Decide what equipment is correct for the job according to the weight, size and accessibility of the job.
- Demarcate the area where work is in progress with hazard warning tape or barriers.
- Ensure that all rigging is done in a safe manner and no person’s life is endangered or equipment is damaged, in the process.
- Supervise and assist with the rigging up of the equipment such as chain blocks, hoists and slings.
- Supervise the lifting and conveying of the machinery.
- Has a mobile crane licence and drives crane when a crane driver is not available.
- Operate overhead travelling cranes in the plant, forklift and ensures that they are in good working condition
- Ensure that pre-use visual checks are done on equipment.
- Ensure that chain blocks, sheeves, pulleys, shackles, wire ropes, slings, cranes, eye bolts, ropes and lifting beams have ID number tags.
- Responsible for the storage of rigging equipment. and maintains the rigging store in a neat and tidy condition.
- Ensure that all rigging equipment under his / her responsibility is accounted for and the location of which is recorded on a register
- Perform a Basic Risk Assessment on the rigging of plant equipment to ensure that all lifting processes are done safely. All risks are to be reported to the engineer.
- General house-keeping in the plant and cleaning up the area after you have completed a job.
- Performs tasks in any part of the factory when requested by engineer.
- Rigger is required to perform standby duties according to the standby schedule for the Factory.
KEY COMPETENCIES / SKILLS
- Planning and organising
- Problem solving and analysis
- Mechanical Processes and standards
- Maintenance management
- SAP plant maintenance system
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- Grade 12 and N2 Engineering
- N3 Engineering would be preferred
- Recognised Trade Test Certificate as a Rigger
- 2 years post-apprenticeship experience in a heavy engineering environment will be advantageous
Closing Date: 26 March 2019
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issue while applying contact your HR contact.
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.