Sappi Southern Africa
Saiccor Mill, Umkomaas
Superintendent : Instrumentation (HRL15U)
To assist in the control and coordination of all resources to provide high level instrument support to plant process control and specialist field instrumentation to ensure maximum plant availability at optimum efficiences.
REPORTING TO the Area Engineer
- Facilitate daily meetings with team to plan, manage and delegate work.
- Plan and ensure timeous procurement of spares.
- Track all Labour hire timekeeping and authorize before submitting to engineer for payment.
- Manage contractors and all resources during shutdowns
- Manage artisan standby roster and ensure personnel available for standby.
- Manage safety within the section by completing PPE and toolbox inspections and active participation in the SHEQ process and participation in SHEQ Audits
- Ensure that all maintenance work is done and managed in support of the factory maintenance strategy.
- Meet with engineer daily to ensure priorities are set for the day and week
- Deploy labour to attend to breakdowns
- Manage workshop budget for consumables
- Carry out visits to artisans to check progress of jobs and standard adherence.
- Perform inspections on jobs to ensure quality work is completed.
- Ensure that Plant modification system is adhered to when requested to effect any changes to plant or machinery.
- Ensure that housekeeping in workshops and oilstores are maintained
- Manage Calibration equipment , specialist tool and consumable store
- Ensure that all procurement is done in accordance with company policies (quotes etc)
- Overinspect ALL work done by contractors to ensure quality and value.
- Recommend to engineer for service acceptance and Payment
- Participate in Root Cause Analysis sessions as and when required.
- Complete overtime and standby as required
- Ensure that all SAP administration is maintained as per roles and responsibilities matrix and ensure office administration is maintained and kept up to date.
KEY COMPETENCIES /SKILLS
- Planning and organising
- Problem solving
- Ensures accountability
- Directs work
- Build effective team
- Mechanical Process and standards
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- NQF level 4 qualification (Grade 12/N3) with a recognised trade test certificate
- 5 years post trade test experience within a heavy industry environment
- Supervisory and experience will be considered advantageous
- SAP experience is advantageous
Closing Date : 26 March 2019
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issue while applying contact your HR contact.
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.