Sappi Southern Africa
Saiccor Mill, Umkomaas
Superintendent Electrical ( HRL 15U )
Sappi Saiccor is seeking suitably qualified candidates to perform frontline management duties and manage electrical maintenance within a designated process plant
REPORTS TO Area Engineer
- Assess equipment, materials and labour needed to complete large and/or complex maintenance tasks according to set standards
- Collaborates with others (e.g. contractors, vendors, etc.) to implement and maintain services and/or programs.
- Coordinate the services and activities of outside contractors as assigned to meet the Mill’s standards and objectives.
- Direct assign electrical staff in resolving complex and/or difficult maintenance issues ensuring maintained areas are maintained in a safe and effective working environment
- Maintain a variety of manual and electronic files and/or records to provide up-to-date reference and complying with regulatory requirements and established guidelines
- Maintain assigned tools, equipment and vehicle(s) for the purpose of ensuring their availability as needed to meet assigned maintenance objectives
- Perform a wide variety of skilled maintenance activities to ensure that maintenance issues are resolved and projects are completed in a safe, effective and timely manner.
- Prepare a variety of program-mandated document and report for the purpose of documenting activities and complying with Mill and/or legal requirements
- Prioritize and assigs electrical related work orders to skilled maintenance staff for the purpose of ensuring that section are adequately maintained
- Required to work overtime and standby as required
- Assist in the personnel management of department employees (e.g. selection of new hires, promotions, terminations, transfers, supervising, disciplining, training, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining staffing needs and productivity of the work force.
- Assess staff against position profile & coaches / mentors team member and ensures on-the-job and off-the-job training activities
- Evaluates and directs performance of team and team members against goals and standards of conduct to ensure maximum performance
- Understand the SHEQ requirements of the Section.
- Monitor subordinate’s performance against SHEQ requirements and corrects non-conformances.
- Investigates incidents (SHEQ) and identify root causes of Non- Conformances and corrects deviations.
- Maintains a high level of good housekeeping in the workplace at all time.
KEY COMPETENCIES / SKILLS
- Planning and Organising
- Attention to Detail
- SAP Plant maintenance
- Troubleshooting and diagnostics
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
Closing date : 26 March 2019
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issue while applying contact your HR contact.
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.