Sappi Southern Africa
Saiccor Mill, Umkomaas
Superintendent : Maintenance ( HRL 15U )
Sappi Saiccor is looking for suitable candidates to perform frontline management of the mechanical maintenance function within a designated process plant
REPORTING TO the Area Engineer
- Assess equipment, material and labour required to complete large and/or complex maintenance tasks
- Ensure maintenance activities meet set standards and resolve defined issues while reducing wasted resources
- Prioritize and assign mechanical related work orders to skilled maintenance staff to ensure that sections are maintained safely whilst meeting guidelines within budget
- Coordinate the services and activities of maintenance staff and outside contractors to ensure work is completed in a safe, effective and timely manner and meets Mill’s standards
- Direct assigned maintenance staff in resolving complex and/or difficult maintenance issues to ensure that Mill sections are maintained in a safe and effective working environment
- Maintain assigned tools, equipment and vehicle(s) to ensure their availability as needed to meet assigned maintenance objectives
- Assist in the personnel management of department employees ensuring adequate staffing and productivity of the work force.
- Assess direct reports and ensure on the job learning takes places through ongoing coaching and mentoring
Manage statutory requirements as per OHSACT and Safety policies and procedures
Perform stand-by and work overtime as required.
Ensure departmental housekeeping and safety regulations are adhered to.
Control overtime and manage Time and Attendance of subordinates
Manage contractors during shutdowns. ( Safety, workload, discipline)
Manage artisan stand-by roster and ensure personnel available.
Perform statutory inspections such as tool, harness, workshop equipment and lifting equipment inspections as per schedule
KEY COMPETENCIES /SKILLS
- Planning and organising
- Problem solving
- Ensures accountability
- Directs work
- Build effective team
- Mechanical Process and standards
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- NQF level 4 qualification (Grade 12/N3) with a recognised trade test certificate
- 5 years post trade test experience within a heavy industry environment
- Supervisory and Utilities plant experience will be considered advantageous
- SAP experience is advantageous
Closing Date : 26 March 2019
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issue while applying contact your HR contact.
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.