Sappi Southern Africa
Saiccor Mill, Umkomaas
Instrument Mechanician (Perm/FTC) ( HRL 13 )
Sappi Saiccor is seeking suitably qualified candidates to provide instrumentation services with specific responsibility for fault finding, identifying repair and replacement needs, installing, repairing, maintaining and upgrading instrumentation systems and equipment; enduring that tools and materials are available and maintained to ensure long term plant availability, reliability and equipment effectiveness.
REPORTING TO Superintendent : Instrumentation
- Maintain plant instrumentation in good working condition by completing scheduled maintenance as per SAP works order.
- Perform all required calibrations according to the standard work instructions and to fill in the calibration sheets.
- Maintain a good knowledge of field instruments, instrumentation drawings, plant layout, plant process, and availability of procedures to allow for quick and accurate fault finding.
- Perform all work in a safe manner as not to endanger oneself and others, adhering to all and mill safety procedures
- Adhere to conditions of employment by performing standby, overtime and shift work when required
- Complete instrument installation and modification required according to the set standards
- Update and maintain SAP Notifications of work orders by capturing failure codes and repair codes on the notification and complete the order once work is completed.
- Complete plant inspections in his or her area reports and rectifies faults found.
- To assist the Instrument Superintendent in the skills development of apprentices and trainees
KEY COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
- Planning and organising
- Problem solving
- Attention to detail
- Instrumentation processes and standards
- Fault Finding
- SAP plant maintenance system
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Grade 12 and N2 Engineering
- N3 engineering would be preferred
- Recognised Trade Test Certificate as an Instrument Mechanician
- 2 years post apprenticeship experience in a heavy industry environment will be advanatageous
Closing Date : 26 March 2019
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issue while applying contact your HR contact.
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.