Sappi Southern Africa
Saiccor Mill, Umkomaas
Fitter ( P11 )
Sappi Saiccor seeks to identify suitable candidates to provide mechanical services by identifying repair and replacement needs, installing, repairing, maintaining and upgrading mechanical systems and equipment; and ensuring tools and materials are available and maintained to ensure overall plant availability and equipment effectiveness
REPORTING TO ENGINEERING SUPERINTENDENT
- Fit, assemble, grind and shape metal parts and sub-assemblies to maintain production machines and other equipment. Install, test, connect, commission and modify mechanical equipment.
- Perform plant maintenance and remedial work according to SAP notifications, work orders and planned schedules, including during shuts.
- Complete notifications and work orders on the SAP system.
- Complete fault finding on systems during breakdowns and repair the problem to keep downtime to a minimum.
- Participate in failure analysis.
- Complete daily and weekly inspections on equipment according to a detailed checklist.
- Report all defects and equipment risks to the direct supervisor.
- Scope and plan work orders as required.
- Draw spares from Stores using the picking list in SAP.
- Required to work standby and overtime and cover breakdowns as required.
- Understand and comply with the safety, health, environment and quality (SHEQ) requirements of the section.
- Comply and perform tasks as per the organisations policies, procedures and bestoperating practices.
- Maintain a high level of good housekeeping in the workplace at all times.
- Assist production personnel with isolation processes on request.
- Obtain a valid work permit and ensure compliance to the safe work conditions.
KEY COMPETENCIES / SKILLS
- Planning and organising
- Problem solving and analysis
- Mechanical Processes and standards
- Maintenance management
- SAP plant maintenance system
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- Grade 12 and N2 Engineering
- N3 Engineering would be preferred
- Recognised Trade Test Certificate as a Mechanical Fitter
- 2 years post-apprenticeship experience in a heavy engineering environment will be advantageous
Closing Date: 26 March 2019
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issue while applying contact your HR contact.
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.