Sappi Southern Africa
Saiccor Mill, Umkomaas
Electrician (Perm /FTC) ( P11 )
Sappi Saiccor is looking for suitably qualified candidates to provide electrical services by fault finding, identifying repair and replacement needs, installing, repairing, maintaining and upgrading electrical systems and equipment; and ensuring that tools and materials are available and maintained to ensure long term plant availability and reliability.
REPORTING TO Maintenance Superintendent
- Install, test, connect, commission, maintain and modify electrical equipment, wiring andcontrol systems as required (PLC, drives and control equipment)
- Perform electrical maintenance or remedial work according to SAP notifications, work orders and planned schedules, including during shuts.
- Complete notifications and work orders on the SAP system.
- Complete fault finding on electrical systems during breakdown and effect the required repairs to keep downtime to a minimum.
- Participate in failure analysis.
- Complete daily and weekly inspections on electrical systems and their components according to a detailed checklist.
- Identify repairs required and recommend preventative maintenance to the foreman.
- Perform tests on AC and DC motors to determine the condition of the motor windings, insulation and core lamination.
- Prepare status reports and activity logs as required.
- Report all defects and equipment risks to the direct supervisor.
- Draw required spares from Stores using the SAP picking list.
- Required to work standby and overtime as required.
- Understand and comply with the safety, health, environment and quality (SHEQ) requirements of the section.
- Comply and perform tasks as per the organisation’s policies, procedures and bes operating practices.
- Maintain a high level of good housekeeping in the workplace at all times.
- Assist production personnel with isolation processes on request.
- Obtain a valid work permit and ensure compliance to the safe work conditions.
KEY COMPETENCIES / SKILLS
- Attention to detail
- Proactive and taking initiative
- Electrical processes and standards
- Maintenance management
- Electrical fault finding (3)
- SAP Plant Maintenance (PM) System
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Grade 12 and N2 Engineering
- N3 Engineering would be preferred
- Recognised Trade Test Certificate as an Electrician
- 2 years post-apprenticeship experience with a focus on electrical fault finding in a heavy industrial environment would be advantageous
Closing Date : 26 March 2019
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issue while applying contact your HR contact.
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.