Sappi Somerset is the largest coated free sheet paper mill in North America, producing 795,000 metric tons of paper and 525,000 metric tons of pulp each year. The mill began as a pulp mill, supplying fiber for Scott paper facilities beginning in 1976. The first of three state-of-the-art paper machines was installed in 1982, with subsequent machines installed in 1986 and 1990. The mill also produces market pulp based on fiber balance and continues to push for world class status in the realms of safety, quality and productivity.
Position (job title): Senior Desktop Support Administrator
Department: Information Technology
Work Site: Mill Somerset
This position encompasses responsibility for the support of client hardware and software for internal customers at the Somerset Mill. Primary responsibilities will be but not limited to resolving hardware and software issues; installation, patching and maintenance of desktop and laptop software; problem resolution, off-hours support, procurement of hardware, software and other IT related equipment. This position reports to the Somerset IT Department Manager.
Required for this role is a proven track record in support of Windows XP, Win 7 and Windows 10 operating systems in addition to Office 2007, Office 365 and Office 2016. A demonstrated understanding of Active Directory, VPN, and SCCM is essential. Experience with SAP, MS Sharepoint, MS Office 2007/2010, McAfee, VMware, Rockwell and Honeywell Experion systems is desired. A demonstrated understanding of Cyber Security and applicable standards.
Superior written and verbal communication skills coupled with organizational and problem-solving skills are essential. Must be a team player with the ability to assist, provide direction, support and guidance to others. Expectations would be department core hours as well as participation in the department on-call rotation which includes evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Analyzes information to develop alternative solutions involving complex problems. Interprets guidelines to make decisions, makes recommendations for decisions outside of guidelines.
- Participate in the development of proposals and plans. Participates in the planning of resource requirements. Executes and maintains plans.
- Interprets and implements policies/procedures to achieve business results. Makes recommendations for the development of new procedures.
- Develops time estimates for assigned tasks, report progress against plan. General direction, errors may cause delay, expense and/or disruption.
- Provide guidance to others, may lead small project teams, and provide quality assurance support.
- Frequent contact across the organization and with outside customers. Represents the organization in providing solutions to complex issues associated with specific projects.
- Involved in hardware and software repairs and upgrades, creating new systems, analyzing, testing and assessing software and/or other technical changes to meet operational requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education/experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with demonstrated ability
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Strong analytical and technical skills
- Attention to Detail
- Ability to Multi-task, Self-Organize and Self-Start
- Strong technical writing skills
- Ability to positively contribute in a team environment
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic with a demonstrated desire to learn and grow
Salary is determined by a number of factors including the value of the job to the organization, market forces, internal equity and skills brought to the job.
HR Contact for Questions: Cayla Tozier
Contact Information: 207-238-3441 , firstname.lastname@example.org
Sappi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Sappi complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.