Sappi's Westbrook Mill near Portland, Maine is where the history of Sappi Fine Paper North America began in 1854 with the S. D. Warren Company and where the tradition of papermaking has an unshakable hold. It is the site of the first coated papermaking facility in the United States of America and the place where Sappi Fine Paper North America first developed its reputation for quality and innovation. The Westbrook Mill manufactures specialty coated papers used in a myriad of diverse applications, including the fashion, automotive, aerospace and flooring industries. Our faux-leather and natural textures can be seen in any shopping center around the world.
Position (job title): Production Worker
Work Site: Mill Westbrook
Sappi is presently accepting applications for full-time general production positions at our Westbrook, Maine facility.
Applicants must have:
- A stable work history, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- A willingness to work rotating shifts (days, nights, weekends, holidays)
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Must be able to demonstrate a strong safety history and awareness
- Must be able to pass designated pre-employment testing
- A High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Must be able to read and write in English
- Experience in a production, warehouse, or manufacturing environment
- Experience operating large industrial equipment/machinery
- Computer literacy
- Fork or Clamp Truck experience and/or license
Starting rate of pay is $18 per hour with the possibility of up to $25 per hour after 120 days. Eligible for full benefits following 30 days of employment. (medical, dental, vision, life/AD&D, short-term disability, and long-term care. Pension, 401(k) with company match, gain sharing (bonus), vacation, as well as, 12 paid holidays per year)
HR Contact for Questions: Lisa Patterson
Contact Information: 207-856-4615, email@example.com
Sappi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Sappi complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.