Sappi North America, headquartered in Boston, is a subsidiary of Sappi Limited (JSE), a global company headquartered in Johannesburg, South Africa, with more than 13,000 employees and manufacturing operations on three continents in seven countries and customers in over 100 countries around the world. We are a leading global provider of sustainable woodfiber products and solutions. The success of our four diversified businesses – high quality Coated Printing Papers, Specialised Cellulose, Release Papers and Specialty Packaging – is driven by strong customer relationships, best-in-class people and advantaged assets, products and services. Our high quality Coated Printing Papers, including McCoy, Opus, Somerset and Flo, are the key platform for premium magazines, catalogs, books and high-end print advertising. We are a leading manufacturer of Specialised Cellulose used in a wide range of products, including textile fibers and household goods, and one of the world's leading suppliers of Release Papers with our Ultracast and Classics lines for the automotive, fashion and engineered films industries. Our Specialty Packaging products, such as LusterPrint and LusterCote, represent an important asset in the food packaging and labelling industries. Customers rely on Sappi for high technical, operational and market expertise; products and services delivered with consistently high quality and reliability; and, state-of-the-art and cost-competitive assets and innovative spirit.
Position (job title): Sr. Financial Analyst, Business Analytics
Work Site: HO Boston
Sappi North America is looking for the next key member of its financial team. Reporting to the Director Revenue Controlling and Analysis, this position provides financial analytical support through interactions with sales and business teams to drive optimal financial performance. Our ideal candidate is a highly motivated, intellectually curious person who has the ability to understand and navigate large datasets to extract sound, data-supported insights and recommendations/conclusions.
- Prepare and monitor ongoing performance indicators, highlighting trends and variance. Provide support for ad-hoc analytical assignments to drive optimal decision making.
- Drive process efficiencies and process improvements. Work closely with BPE to maximize analytics and value within data warehouse.
- Develop systems, processes, reporting to effectively analyze sales performance metrics including price/volume, grade profitability/mix, sales performance by location, customer incentive programs, sales commission structures, operational variances, distribution methods, inventory management, business expansion, profit/cost improvement opportunities.
- Key financial resource in development of customer and sales rep budgeting and forecasting.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business; MBA preferred
- Minimum 5 years progressive experience in corporate and financial analysis; manufacturing industry preferred
- Ability to think creatively, highly-driven and self-motivated. Strong initiative to drive change and enhance processes
- Ability to navigate and analyze sales and financial data and related systems to provide accurate and timely financial recommendations to management for decision making purposes
- Demonstrate understanding in database design and development. Ability to analyze data from multiple sources and manipulate the data to develop actionable plans based on reporting and analysis
- Strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills, and ability to partner cross functionally and with all levels within the organization.
Salary is determined by a number of factors including the value of the job to the organization, market forces, internal equity and skills brought to the job.
HR Contact for Questions: Mellissa Johnson
Contact Information: 617-423-5402 , email@example.com
Sappi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Sappi complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.