Sappi Southern Africa
SHIFT MANAGER- FIBRE LINE # 3 (Grade7/HRL16/S7)
Sappi Ngodwana Mill seeks to place a suitably qualified Shift Manager for Fibre Line #3 in the Specialized Cellulose Department. The role is responsible to maximize plant performance by aligning, guiding and coordinating the activities of the team to utilise the skills and experience of each team member to achieve targets in terms of production volumes, quality, uptime, safety, costs and staff development
REPORTING TO the Production Manager
- Lead a Shift based team
- Participate in relevant forums to facilitate effective communication.
- Recommend maintenance/upgrade/replacement of existing equipment to optimize production efficiency
- Plan the plant operations to ensure the maximum utilisation of the resources (raw materials, energy, and people)
- Manage the execution of production activities (shuts, start-ups, checks, log sheets, graph trends, resources) to sustain quality standards and plant efficiency
- Asses and manage abnormal plant conditions to ensure plant stability
- Asses staff against job profile and coach/mentor team members
- Ensure on-the-job and off-the-job training activities
- Monitor and adjust employee role and responsibility
- Evaluate and direct performance of team and team members against goals and standards of conduct to ensure maximum performance.
- Understand the SHEQ requirements of the section
- Monitor subordinate’s performance against SHEQ requirements and corrects non-conformances
- Investigate incidents and identify root causes of non-conformances and corrects deviations
- Maintain a high level of good housekeeping in the workplace at all time
- Ensure BBS observations are conducted according to mill objectives
- Ensure adherence to annual fixed cost, renewals, overtime and manpower budgets
- Communicate with the internal and external suppliers /customers
- Respond to the customer feedback and takes corrective action if required
KEY COMPETENCIES / SKILLS
- Supervisory / Leadership Skills
- Computer Literacy
- Industrial Relations Skills
- Analytical Skills
- Problem solving Skills
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- BSc Chemical Engineering/BTech Chemical Engineering/BTech Pulp and Paper
- 4 Years in the Pulp and Paper Industry
- 2 Years Chemical Cellulose experience
- Relevant Management Qualification
- 2 Years Supervisory Exposure
Closing date for applications: 19 February 2019
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issue while applying contact your HR contact.
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.