Located on 2,500 acres of land in central Maine, our Somerset Mill is an integrated pulping and papermaking operation where we manufacture coated freesheet papers, grease-proof packaging papers and bleached chemical pulp. The three paper machines use Sappi North America's in-house developed online finishing technology, which set a quality bar for publication grades and reaps productivity benefits from fully integrating paper forming, coating and finishing.
Position (job title): Site Reliability Manager
Work Site: Mill Somerset
This position oversees all paper mill reliability and preventive maintenance efforts; leads development of systems to ensure optimum equipment reliability and material flow within established safety, quality, environmental, financial, and behavioral standards.
- Ability to facilitate development of systems and capability
- Provide leadership to maintain stability of the business unit’s outputs by facilitating maintenance and working capital systems development and standardization
- Must be able to promote systems thinking by valuing and integrating others’ input
- Experience working with other business units and functional areas to maintain consistency across the paper mill and Somerset to effectively utilize resources by working together as a team.
- Will be responsible to build individual and team capability in the business unit by teaching and applying vibration analysis, infrared RCM, uptime and inventory control processes and developing training systems.
- Will be a role model to the business unit by championing the use of CM, RCM, and inventory control processes.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent technical training and experience
- 10 years+ experience in pulp & paper maintenance
- Strong communication skills
- Strong safety leadership
Salary is determined by a number of factors including the value of the job to the organization, market forces, internal equity and skills brought to the job.
HR Contact for Questions: Cayla Tozier
Contact Information: 207-238-3441 , email@example.com
Sappi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Sappi complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.