Located on 2,500 acres of land in central Maine, our Somerset Mill is an integrated pulping and papermaking operation where we manufacture coated freesheet papers, grease-proof packaging papers and bleached chemical pulp. The three paper machines use Sappi North America's in-house developed online finishing technology, which set a quality bar for publication grades and reaps productivity benefits from fully integrating paper forming, coating and finishing.
Position (job title): Log Truck Driver
Work Site: Mill Somerset
- Valid Maine Class A driver’s license.
- Clean driving record.
- 5 years’ experience log truck driving
- 1 year experience running trailer/center mounted wood crane.
- Knowledge of DOT regulations.
- Interstate Non-Excepted DOT Medical Card.
- Able to continually pass drug & alcohol DOT random tests.
- Responsible for the safe and accurate loading, unloading, securement and transport of wood product.
- Perform pre-trip inspections of equipment.
- Insures the truck remains in excellent mechanical condition by scheduling preventative maintenance.
- Maintains accurate and continued record keeping in a timely manner.
- Ability to work independently yet frequently coordinates closely with other workers during loading, unloading and transporting of forest products.
- Insures excellent communications and good Interpersonal skills – constant interaction with Sappi personnel, wood fiber suppliers and other truckers.
- Physically capable of limited climbing.
Salary is determined by a number of factors including the value of the job to the organization, market forces, internal equity and skills brought to the job.
HR Contact for Questions: Cayla Tozier
Contact Information: 207-238-3441 , email@example.com
Sappi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Sappi complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.