Sappi North America, headquartered in Boston, is a subsidiary of Sappi Limited (JSE), a global company headquartered in Johannesburg, South Africa, with more than 13,000 employees and manufacturing operations on three continents in seven countries and customers in over 100 countries around the world. We are a leading global provider of sustainable woodfiber products and solutions. The success of our four diversified businesses – high quality Coated Printing Papers, Specialised Cellulose, Release Papers and Specialty Packaging – is driven by strong customer relationships, best-in-class people and advantaged assets, products and services. Our high quality Coated Printing Papers, including McCoy, Opus, Somerset and Flo, are the key platform for premium magazines, catalogs, books and high-end print advertising. We are a leading manufacturer of Specialised Cellulose used in a wide range of products, including textile fibers and household goods, and one of the world's leading suppliers of Release Papers with our Ultracast and Classics lines for the automotive, fashion and engineered films industries. Our Specialty Packaging products, such as LusterPrint and LusterCote, represent an important asset in the food packaging and labelling industries. Customers rely on Sappi for high technical, operational and market expertise; products and services delivered with consistently high quality and reliability; and, state-of-the-art and cost-competitive assets and innovative spirit.
Position (job title): Manager, Corporate End User
Work Site: SO Midwest
As a Corporate End User Manager, you will be responsible for developing leads resulting in new business development opportunities by managing prospecting, cold-calling, and account penetration work on new Sappi-generated (merchant independent) targets.
Additional responsibilities of the Corporate End User Manager include:
- Working closely with the inside sales team and cross regionally to analyze potential channel conflicts and enablers, including pricing strategies for printers and merchants who are affiliated with each opportunity
- Building compelling initial communications (elevator pitch, formal presentations, email campaigns, etc.) to use on first contact within business segment to trigger interest and response
- Building industry expertise in major corporate segments within assigned territory and sharing knowledge to enhance overall Corporate End User Team effectiveness
- Developing product, pricing and volume incentive programs with management team that meet the goals of the business unit
- Supporting monthly, quarterly, and annual forecasts for volume, mix, and pricing through effective use of reports and dashboards in SFDC
Successful candidates for the Corporate End User Manager role should be able to meet objectives for volume, mix, and profit for target account and annual sales goals. Your success in this role will be determined by your ability to identify opportunities and build cross functional solutions in order to assist the sales team in troubleshooting problems. Ability to consistently build an effective sales plan for new corporate accounts, answering customer needs and securing new business will also be crucial.
Additional requirements of the rolee include:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in experience
- Minimum of 5 – 10 years of sales experience, including experience managing national, key, or major market accounts
- Knowledge of paper and target customers’ industries
- Ability to manage complex business situations
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
Salary is determined by a number of factors including the value of the job to the organization, market forces, internal equity and skills brought to the job.
HR Contact for Questions: Mellissa Johnson
Contact Information: 617-423-5402 , firstname.lastname@example.org
Sappi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Sappi complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.