Sappi Southern Africa
FITTER AND TURNER (Grade 11)
Sappi Ngodwana Mill seeks to employ a Fitter and Turned to ensure optimum plant availability through maintenance, overhaul and repair of equipment
REPORTING TO Mechanical Workshop Foreman
- Fit, assemble, grind, machine and shape metal parts and sub-assemblies to maintain production machines and other equipment.
- Complete notifications and work orders on the SAP system.
- Complete daily and weekly inspections on equipment according to a detailed checklist.
- Fitters and Turners may be required to cover breakdowns after hours and weekends on a standby basis.
- Report all defects and equipment risks to the direct supervisor.
- Draw spares from Stores using the picking list in SAP.
- Perform standby and overtime duties as required.
- Share knowledge with other fitters in the section and in other areas of the plant.
- Perform quality control inspection on all equipment that must be prepared
- Machine a variety of equipment and components on Boring Mill as and when required
- Understand and comply with the safety, health, environment and quality (SHEQ) requirements of the section.
- Comply and perform tasks as per the organisations policies, procedures and best operating practices.
- Participate in the investigation of SHEQ incidents on request and help to identify root causes for non-conformance.
- Maintain a high level of housekeeping in the workplace at all times.
- Report all unsafe acts to the direct supervisor
KEY COMPETENCIES / SKILLS
- Mechanical processes and standards
- Rotating equipment
- Fits and tolerances
- Workplace safety
- Technical Drawings
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- Grade 12 or N2 Mechanical Engineering Certificate
- Trade Test Certificate as a Mechanical Fitter and Turner
- 2 Years Post-Apprenticeship Machining Experience in a Heavy Engineering Environment
- Valid Driving Licence
Closing Date is: 22 February 2019
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issue while applying contact your HR contact.
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.