Sappi Southern Africa
Artisan Aide : Mechanical ( P16 )
To perform and assist with installation, repair and maintenance of plant and equipment of the designated area. To follow and comply with the company’s training & development plan.
REPORTING TO : Mechanical Foreman
- Assists artisans with planned maintenance and preventative maintenance schedules to required standards.
- Together with artisan diagnoses, fault finds and repairs equipment failures maximize plant availability.
- Notifies Foreman of changes to plant to enable plant history to be maintained.
- Ensures test equipment is well maintained
- Collects Bill of material information.
- Overhauls rotable equipment.
- Attends training courses as and when required.
- Works overtime as and when required.
- Submits suggestions for improvements in sphere of operations.
- Understands the SHEQ requirements of the Section.
- Investigates incidents (SHEQ) and identify root causes of Non-Conformances and corrects deviations.
- Reports unsafe conditions and acts to appropriate management level.
- Maintains a high level of good housekeeping in the workplace at all time
KEY COMPETENCIES / SKILLS
- Problem solving
- Initiative / Proactive
- Aptitude for hand skills
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- Grade 12 / Matric Certificate and
- N2 Mechanical Engineering Certificate (4 subjects) (N3 Desirable) or NCV Level 4 Mechanical
- Two years Mechanical engineering experience in a heavy manufacturing environment.
Closing date: 26 March 2019
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issue while applying contact your HR contact.
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com .
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.