Sappi North America, headquartered in Boston, is a subsidiary of Sappi Limited (JSE), a global company headquartered in Johannesburg, South Africa, with more than 13,000 employees and manufacturing operations on three continents in seven countries and customers in over 100 countries around the world. We are a leading global provider of sustainable woodfiber products and solutions. The success of our four diversified businesses – high quality Coated Printing Papers, Specialised Cellulose, Release Papers and Specialty Packaging – is driven by strong customer relationships, best-in-class people and advantaged assets, products and services. Our high quality Coated Printing Papers, including McCoy, Opus, Somerset and Flo, are the key platform for premium magazines, catalogs, books and high-end print advertising. We are a leading manufacturer of Specialised Cellulose used in a wide range of products, including textile fibers and household goods, and one of the world's leading suppliers of Release Papers with our Ultracast and Classics lines for the automotive, fashion and engineered films industries. Our Specialty Packaging products, such as LusterPrint and LusterCote, represent an important asset in the food packaging and labelling industries. Customers rely on Sappi for high technical, operational and market expertise; products and services delivered with consistently high quality and reliability; and, state-of-the-art and cost-competitive assets and innovative spirit.
Position (job title): Sr. Procurement Specialist
Work Site: SSC South Portland
This Sr. Procurement Specialist facilitates the development and implementation of specific category sourcing strategies aimed at significantly reducing category spend totals in paper chemicals.
The incumbent will be charged with analyzing commodity spend data so as to be able to define spend subgroups. He/she must develop subgroup sourcing strategies intended to ensure ongoing supply and to minimize the SNA spending in that area with little oversight. The Sr. Specialist is also responsible for overseeing all efforts to implement such strategic initiatives and for reporting the results of these activities at a corporate level. The Sr. Specialist must develop a high level of technical and market expertise for the materials in question and how they are used at SNA. This person is well versed and accomplished in the execution of standard to complex sourcing practices.
- Develop comprehensive strategic sourcing plans. Gather information for internal data discovery, scope and specification development, market due diligence, competitive intelligence, alternative source development RFI’s and RFP’s
- Knowledge of, and ability to, utilize various sourcing techniques as appropriate to achieve stated goals
- Ability to communicate and influence across multiple levels to secure needed results
- Collect and evaluate RFP’s using Best-in-Class sourcing tools, techniques, and business practices
- Negotiate agreements with manufacturers, distributors, and service providers, either singly or as part of a team. Work with legal to complete supplier agreements
- Implement and rollout of negotiated contracts to ensure full utilization
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement through cost reduction and performance improvement, involving suppliers as required
- Develop compelling business case/analysis to drive meaningful change in process, supplier or material as appropriate to meet sourcing/strategic objectives
- Attain expertise in industry best practices and technology trends, and communicate to internal team members, functional peers, business partners, superiors and associates
- Measure supplier performance against key business objectives. Participate in formal supplier business reviews as part of the overall SRM process, including but not limited to supplier evaluation, supplier audits and other related activities
Requirements and Skills:
- Minimum 5 years prior experience
- Bachelor’s degree in technical or business-related field
- Detail oriented with an ability to work with internal/external customers, i.e. Procurement team members, suppliers, mill internal customers and Shared Financial Services
- A high level of proficiency with Excel and Power Point is a must
- Procurement related ERP system (such as SAP) experience will be a strong plus
Salary is determined by a number of factors including the value of the job to the organization, market forces, internal equity and skills brought to the job.
HR Contact for Questions: Mellissa Johnson
Contact Information: 617-423-5402 , email@example.com
Sappi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Sappi complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.