Sappi North America, headquartered in Boston, is a subsidiary of Sappi Limited (JSE), a global company headquartered in Johannesburg, South Africa, with more than 13,000 employees and manufacturing operations on three continents in seven countries and customers in over 100 countries around the world. Sappi's Allentown facility, located in Pennsylvania, was established in 1993. It is a sheeting facility with 100,000 tons of sheeting capacity.
Position (job title): Logistics Specialist
Department: Supply Chain
Work Site: Mill Westbrook
Position (job title):
Supply Chain - Westbrook
Reports to (position title):
Supply Chain Manager, Westbrook
Work Site (city, state):
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent preferred; Logistics Degree encouraged
This role coordinates inbound, outbound and internal logistics functions for the mill. The position responsible to assure continuous supply of raw materials and efficient shipping of finished product in a safe and financially responsible manner. The position reports directly to the mill Supply Chain Manager and regularly interfaces with production planning, domestic and export logistics, procurement and mill operations. The Supply Chain Process Engineer will support this function in efforts to optimize material management and to identify and complete continuous improvement projects.
- Forecasting, management, and cost effective on-time delivery of product shipments to customers in conformance with all safety, legal, customer and Sappi requirements.
- Coordinate with Sales, Logistics, Mill Operations and Shipping to provide on-time service to customers and to expedite orders as necessary with excellent communications.
- Provide mill with Logistics support for inbound and outbound materials and supplies.
- Manage Raw Material and Packaging Inventory sufficient to support mill operations in a cost effective manner.
- Provide Logistics Leadership for site product development efforts assuring trials are processed through the mill appropriately and approved trial product is quickly and accurately shipped to customers for evaluation.
- Along with the Logistics Team build and cultivate long relationships with LTL, truck, and export carriers to manage capacity and delivery costs.
- Work with Mill Operations, Operations Planning, the Supply Chain Process Engineer and Logistics initiate and execute logistics cost savings and improvement projects.
- Maintain compliance with all laws, rules, and regulations that govern transportation.
- After-hours contact for mill shipping and transportation issues.
- Coverage and other duties as assigned including weekend call rotation.
Additional infrequent responsibilities
- Carrier performance evaluations and yearly reviews.
- Address and correct transportation damage issues.
- Participate in various mill and supply chain management projects.
Special Skills including license certification
- APICS, AST&L, Logistics Degree or other supply chain certification encouraged
- Experience in supply chain management, scheduling and the paper industry
- Methodical problem solving ability
- Solid personal computer skills, including MS Excel
- Proven experience with MICS, APO and/or SAP preferred
- Strong interpersonal, command and communication skills
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to balance multiple tasks and conflicting priorities with confidence
- Office setting within a mill manufacturing environment.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent preferred
- Logistics Degree encouraged
- One to six years experience
Salary is determined by a number of factors including the value of the job to the organization, market forces, internal equity and skills brought to the job. Grade / Reward Level: S8/HRL 14
HR Contact for Questions: Lisa Patterson
Contact Information: 207-856-4615 , firstname.lastname@example.org
Domestic Relocation available: Yes
Internal candidates: please be aware that your supervisor may be contacted for a reference.