Sappi Southern Africa
Operator: Chip Screen ( Grade 14 C )
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Tugela mill is seeking the services of an qualified individual to work in the Pulp Department. The incumbent in this position will supply sufficient quality chips to the NSSC digester to ensure optimum plant efficiency and minimize downtime.
- Conducts Plant inspection to ensure that the equipment is in a safe working condition.
- Operates fork lift to transport chipper Knives, bed knives.
- Prepare Gum Plant from screening line to Silo’s for start-up and shut down according to production and quality requirements.
- Monitors chip screening operations and reports on quality defects e.g.(high fines, excessive slivers and cards)
- Assist Gum Chipper Operator to clear blockages in chipper spout, conveyors etc.
- Assist changes knives, bed knife as and when required.
- Assist Engineering staff with plant maintenance e.g. changing knife holders, Wear plates, conveyor idlers change, etc.
- Conducts Isolation permits on request from Eng. And Cleaning Staff.
- Operates Over Head Crane to clear blockages.
- Monitor Silo levels.
- Cleans steel and other debris from the magnets.
- Cleans bark strainer and sand settling out bays below Aero conveyor and stairway.
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- Matric and/or N3 Pulp and Paper Certificate (4 subjects) and/or Relevant NQF Level 4 Qualification
- Computer Literate (MS Office Package)
- Minimum 1 Year Plant Operations Experience
Closing Date : 23 JANUARY 2019
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issue while applying contact your HR contact.
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.