Sappi Southern Africa
Process Controller: NSSC (Field) (Grade 11)
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To assist the Process Controller: NSSC in monitoring and controlling the NSSC DIgester to ensure maximum prodction, plant availability and quality standards according to best operating practice.
- Takes and hands over shift
- Assists in preparing the plant for start-up on instruction from the Process Controller or Foreman
- Assists the Process Controller: NSSC in starting and stopping the NSSC Digester
- Starts and stops all Refiners on instruction from the Process Controller: NSSC or Foreman
- Assists in monitoring and reports running conditions of NSSC Digester and auxiliaries to Process Controller: NSSC or Foreman to maintain maximum efficiency (i.e. process changes, alterations to plant and equipment, all repairs carried out and problems experienced during shift)
- Takes all required pulp sampleS
- Ensures that plant is kept clean by supervising plant cleaning staff (contractors) on day shift (i.e. liquor spills, spilt chips)
- Checks biocide and defoamer dispenser levels and dosage rate (replenishes twice per shift)
- Moves pulp tipper to various pulp storage bays
- Conducts Isolation permits on request from Engineering and Cleaning Staff
- Comply with all relevant SHEQ requirements of the job
- Identify and take corrective action in terms of SHEQ conditions and hazards
- Maintains a high level of good housekeeping in the workplace at all times
- Matric and/or NQF Level 4 Qualification and Full N3 Pulp and Paper Certificate (4 subjects)
- Computer Literate (MS Office Package)
- Minimum 2 Years Plant Operations Experience
Closing date for this application is 23 January 2019
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issue while applying contact your HR contact.
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.