Sappi Southern Africa
Foreman: Utilities (HRL 15 )
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Sappi Tugela Mill is looking for a Foreman: Utilities who will effectively manage resources (people, plant & equipment) with the objective of producing quality and quantity products according to customer requirements, mill standards and objectives.
- Lead a Shift based team assigned to his/her plant
- Participate in relevant forums to facilitate effective communication. MDT, SHEQ, etc
- Recommend maintenance/upgrade/replacement of existing equipment to optimize production efficiency
- Plan the plant operations to ensure the maximum utilization of the resources (raw materials, energy, people)
- Manage the execution of production activities (shuts, start-ups, checks, log sheets, graph trends, resources) to sustain quality standards and plant efficiency
- Assess staff against Position Profile & coaches/mentors team members
- Ensure on-the-job and off-the-job training activities
- Monitor and adjusts employee role and responsibility
- Evaluate and directs performance of team and team members against goals and standards of conduct to ensure maximum performance
- Understand the SHEQ requirements of the Section
- Monitor subordinate’s performance against SHEQ requirements and corrects non-conformances
- Investigate incidents (SHEQ) and identify root causes of Non-Conformances and corrects deviations
- Maintain a high level of good housekeeping in the workplace at all timeControls annual fixed cost, overtime and manpower budgets within his sphere of influence
- Communicate with the internal and external suppliers / customers
- Respond to the customer feedback and takes corrective action if required
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- Matric and N4 Pulp and Paper making and/or N4 Engineering and/or NQF Level 5 Qualification
- Minimum 3 years’ Plant Operations Experience
- 2 Years’ Supervisory experience
- Computer Literate (MS Office Package)
- SAP knowledge
Closing date for all applications is 23 January 2019
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issue while applying contact your HR contact.
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.