Located on 2,500 acres of land in central Maine, our Somerset Mill is an integrated pulping and papermaking operation where we manufacture coated freesheet papers, grease-proof packaging papers and bleached chemical pulp. The three paper machines use Sappi North America's in-house developed online finishing technology, which set a quality bar for publication grades and reaps productivity benefits from fully integrating paper forming, coating and finishing.
Position (job title): Operations Planner/Sr. Operations Planner
Department: Supply Chain
Work Site: Mill Somerset
Primary responsibilities are to assist with the daily internal mill system (MICS) administration and production scheduling, manage and communicate the Internal & Outside Converting duties for the Mill and handle the internal communications from Inside Sales to Operations Planning. This position is responsible for scheduling the internal converting & Outside Converting operations and Inter Company Deliveries. Manages the Operations Planning mailbox, overruns / under runs, Date Modification Spreadsheet, and generates and analyzes various Supply Chain and Inventory Management reports.
- Daily scheduling of three world class paper machines and internal and external secondary winder operations.
- Responsible for ICD (Inter Company Deliveries) and Outside Converter (OC) product management. This includes, but isn’t limited to, communications to/from the OC, handling and invoices.
- Has thorough understanding of what products are produced at the mill and that are converted at each OC thereby maximizing the efficiency of the shipments to and from the outside converter.
- Contributor of the order management process from acceptance into the manufacturing system through shipping including execution of order delay process ensuring that customer commitments are supported and any deviations are effectively communicated to inside sales.
- Manages the Mill Operations Planning mailbox that includes inquiries and issues from Inside Sales, Third Party Logistics Provider, and Mill Production Personnel and finds solutions in a timely manner.
- Execute the order over / under process ensuring customer commitments are maintained and supported.
- Responsible for mill inventory evaluation and aged management effectively utilizing rework options.
- Must actively understand the order process and understand the customer order requirements.
- Participate in various Mill and Supply Chain Management projects along with being a member on selected LSS Projects.
- Comply with ISO certification.
- Participate in on-call 24X7 rotation.
- Assists in the management of mill stock and getting product applied to orders to maintain manageable inventory levels.
- Bachelor’s Degree or 5 years production scheduling experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in Supply Chain Management.
- Methodical problem solving ability
- Strong computer skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, oral & written
- Very high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple responsibilities
- Ability to contribute and work effectively in a close team environment
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certified in 3 years
Salary is determined by a number of factors including the value of the job to the organization, market forces, internal equity and skills brought to the job.
HR Contact for Questions: Cayla Tozier
Contact Information: 207-238-3441 , firstname.lastname@example.org
Sappi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Sappi complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.