Sappi North America, headquartered in Boston, is a subsidiary of Sappi Limited (JSE), a global company headquartered in Johannesburg, South Africa, with more than 13,000 employees and manufacturing operations on three continents in seven countries and customers in over 100 countries around the world. We are a leading global provider of sustainable woodfiber products and solutions. The success of our four diversified businesses – high quality Coated Printing Papers, Specialised Cellulose, Release Papers and Specialty Packaging – is driven by strong customer relationships, best-in-class people and advantaged assets, products and services. Our high quality Coated Printing Papers, including McCoy, Opus, Somerset and Flo, are the key platform for premium magazines, catalogs, books and high-end print advertising. We are a leading manufacturer of Specialised Cellulose used in a wide range of products, including textile fibers and household goods, and one of the world's leading suppliers of Release Papers with our Ultracast and Classics lines for the automotive, fashion and engineered films industries. Our Specialty Packaging products, such as LusterPrint and LusterCote, represent an important asset in the food packaging and labelling industries. Customers rely on Sappi for high technical, operational and market expertise; products and services delivered with consistently high quality and reliability; and, state-of-the-art and cost-competitive assets and innovative spirit.
Position (job title): Finance Manager, Financial Planning
Work Site: HO Boston
Job Specific Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance or Business required. Masters preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years progressive Finance/Accounting experience.
- Strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills. Ability to work cross-functionally and with all levels within the organization including senior management.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to manage multiple work streams with tight deadlines.
- Ability to navigate and analyze complex financial information and systems to assist with providing accurate and timely financial recommendations to management for decision making purposes.
- Proactive, results-oriented individual with the ability to think creatively to drive change and improve processes.
- Strong data and financial systems skills. Hyperion Essbase, SAP and BPC experience preferred.
- Coordinate information across organization to develop weekly financial estimate and operations reporting.
- Support monthly and quarterly management reporting of actual and expected performance against budgets and forecasts, helping to identify key business issues and opportunities.
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly forecasts and annual operating plan. Support the communication of deliverables, maintenance of the planning calendar and a transparent process.
- Identify key business drivers and measurements and integrate these into the management reporting. Work with key stakeholders to expand reporting and analysis as needed.
- Monitor performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of variances.
- Assist in the preparation of presentations for Board of Directors and other corporate meetings.
- Active and continuous development and implementation of process improvements.
- Support ongoing BPC implementation project as company moves to a new budget tool.
- Ad hoc project work
Salary is determined by a number of factors including the value of the job to the organization, market forces, internal equity and skills brought to the job.
HR Contact for Questions: Mellissa Johnson
Contact Information: 617-423-5402 , email@example.com
Sappi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Sappi complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.