Sappi Somerset is the largest coated free sheet paper mill in North America, producing 795,000 metric tons of paper and 525,000 metric tons of pulp each year. The mill began as a pulp mill, supplying fiber for Scott paper facilities beginning in 1976. The first of three state-of-the-art paper machines was installed in 1982, with subsequent machines installed in 1986 and 1990. The mill also produces market pulp based on fiber balance and continues to push for world class status in the realms of safety, quality and productivity.
Position (job title): Associate HR Generalist/HR Generalist
Department: Human Resources
Work Site: Mill Somerset
This position will perform HR-related duties on a professional level in support of the Sappi North America – Somerset Operation's Human Resources department. This is an entry-level position within the Somerset Mill's Human Resources department, with advancement opportunities.
The Associate HR Generalist provides employee-focused support and assistance at the Somerset Mill. The successful candidate will manage Benefits and Retirement Administration, support the Time Management System, as well as provide general day-to-day administrative and Human Resources support.
Benefits & Retirement Administration:
- Oversees the administration of all benefit plans and programs; this includes leading and managing the open enrollment process, Medicare reimbursements, retirement counseling, processing life insurance payouts, providing corporate support.
- Handles high level benefit questions and concerns. Troubleshooting insurance claims issues.
- Project work, general reporting, and other miscellaneous responsibilities.
- Oversees leaves of absences; this includes FMLA, STD, LTD.
Time Management System (TMS):
- Supports the Time Management System processing at the Somerset Mill, requiring a strong knowledge of the software functionality to aid in troubleshooting, assist in training of users.
- This is the final level of support before escalating to the HRIS Manager. Works with the HRIS Manager and vendor on issue resolution and new coding requirements, and will be the site contact for both.
- A key member of any implementations occurring at the Somerset Mill and the site lead for the project, including overseeing user acceptance testing.
- Supports employee/user security and account set up as it relates to the Time Management System.
- Responsible for the administration of recognition programs for years of service and retirement.
- Assists with recruitment activities, including but not limited to preparing new hire packets, scheduling interviews, and coordinating pre-employment testing
- Responsible for the distribution of mill wide postings and record retention of such postings.
- Provides other administrative support for HR and the Mill Manager as needed. This includes activities such as ordering office supplies, filing, photocopying, preparing reports, and mailing certified correspondence.
- Provides employees assistance, including but not limited to reimbursement requests and employee badges.
- General day-to-day administrative and Human Resources support and other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required
- Minimum of 2 year human resources, administrative, clerical experience required
- Strong computer skills (knowledge of Microsoft Office required)
- Previous experience in a benefits/retirement administration role preferred
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information in a professional manner
- Ability to establish priorities and coordinate work activities
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of employees
- Ability to work and take direction from several people
- Self-starter, demonstrates a sense of urgency, follow-up and completion of task
Salary is determined by a number of factors including the value of the job to the organization, market forces, internal equity and skills brought to the job.
HR Contact for Questions: Cayla Tozier
Contact Information: 207-238-3441 , email@example.com
Sappi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Sappi complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.