Located on 2,500 acres of land in central Maine, our Somerset Mill is an integrated pulping and papermaking operation where we manufacture coated freesheet papers, grease-proof packaging papers and bleached chemical pulp. The three paper machines use Sappi North America’s in-house developed online finishing technology, which set a quality bar for publication grades and reaps productivity benefits from fully integrating paper forming, coating and finishing.
Position (job title): Millwright - Welder Journeyman
Work Site: Mill Somerset
Sappi, a leader in the manufacture of coated fine paper, is currently seeking candidates for a Millwright-Welder Journeyman at our Skowhegan, Maine facility. Preferred candidates will possess the following:
- 5 years in trade
- Ability to successfully complete "Qualified Welder" testing according to Sappi weld procedures.
- Demonstrate ability to read blueprints and working drawings, plan and lay out work, and take accurate measurements using devices common to the craft.
- Demonstrate ability to perform alignments with laser alignment equipment on high speed rotating equipment
- Have general knowledge of and ability to repair equipment with materials such as mild steel, stainless, cast iron, fiberglass, and aluminum.
- Familiarity with associated Pulp and Paper industry equipment.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, plan, troubleshoot, and lead repairs to complex mill equipment.
- Demonstrated experience repairing and setting up precision rotating equipment
HR Contact for Questions: Cayla Tozier
Sappi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Sappi complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.