Located on 2,500 acres of land in central Maine, our Somerset Mill is an integrated pulping and papermaking operation where we manufacture coated freesheet papers, grease-proof packaging papers and bleached chemical pulp. The three paper machines use Sappi North America's in-house developed online finishing technology, which set a quality bar for publication grades and reaps productivity benefits from fully integrating paper forming, coating and finishing.
Position (job title): Area Maintenance Planner/Supervisor - E&I
Work Site: Mill Somerset
• Strong safety leadership
• Degree in Electrical Engineering preferred, or equivalent
• 3 years of experience in industrial electrical and instrumentation maintenance
• 3 years supervision, shutdown planning or engineering experience
• Experience in pulp, paper mills, high speed rotating equipment (recovery boilers, multi-fuel boilers, pulp & paper manufacturing related equipment)
• Strong computer skills (MS Office, SAP)
• Demonstrates strong mechanical aptitude, requires good troubleshooting skills for rotating and process equipment
• Strong communication skills
This position offers the opportunity to work and grow in a vibrant, forward-thinking mill with a team of highly-skilled, dedicated employees. The person in this role is integral to the overall success of the mill and, as such, is a key member of the management team.
• As a key member of one or more maintenance teams, you will lead the safety initiatives that ensure an accident-free, safe, and productive workforce.
• You will manage the day-to-day and long-range planning and work execution goals for the team, in conjunction with the operating personnel, to ensure the targeted business results are achieved in his or her areas of responsibility.
• You will lead the team’s efforts to deliver precision maintenance best practices and continuously improve equipment reliability and performance.
Meet all other budgetary targets for production rates, delivering the monthly budget for your area of responsibility, and improving equipment reliability and performance.
Maintain productivity by detail planning and organization of work for day-to-day tasks and planned outages.
Manage a diverse, highly skilled workforce in a team-oriented environment to meet the business needs of the organization.
Resolve equipment failures or poor performance resulting in the inability to meet quality control standards in a high-paced production environment.
Salary is determined by a number of factors including the value of the job to the organization, market forces, internal equity and skills brought to the job.
HR Contact for Questions: Cayla Tozier
Contact Information: 207-238-3441 , firstname.lastname@example.org
Sappi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Sappi complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.