Sappi North America, headquartered in Boston, is a subsidiary of Sappi Limited (JSE), a global company headquartered in Johannesburg, South Africa, with more than 13,000 employees and manufacturing operations on three continents in seven countries and customers in over 100 countries around the world. We are a leading global provider of sustainable woodfiber products and solutions. The success of our four diversified businesses – high quality Coated Printing Papers, Specialised Cellulose, Release Papers and Specialty Packaging – is driven by strong customer relationships, best-in-class people and advantaged assets, products and services. Our high quality Coated Printing Papers, including McCoy, Opus, Somerset and Flo, are the key platform for premium magazines, catalogs, books and high-end print advertising. We are a leading manufacturer of Specialised Cellulose used in a wide range of products, including textile fibers and household goods, and one of the world's leading suppliers of Release Papers with our Ultracast and Classics lines for the automotive, fashion and engineered films industries. Our Specialty Packaging products, such as LusterPrint and LusterCote, represent an important asset in the food packaging and labelling industries. Customers rely on Sappi for high technical, operational and market expertise; products and services delivered with consistently high quality and reliability; and, state-of-the-art and cost-competitive assets and innovative spirit.
Position (job title): Senior Financial Analyst
Work Site: HO Boston
The Senior Financial Analyst position plays a significant role in the finance team’s accounting, financial analysis and business decision support for corporate accounting at Sappi North America. Our ideal candidate is a highly motivated, results-oriented individual who combines a strong background and knowledge of information, accounting and reporting systems and financial accounting and reporting skills. This person should have proven interpersonal skills that allow the individual to influence and interact at all levels of the organization. The candidate should have a proven track record of collaboration and teamwork to drive financial performance and process improvements that are aligned with strategic and operational goals and objectives.
- Accounting Systems - Update, reconcile and maintain the Hyperion financial reporting system for month-end actual and quarterly forecast and budget data. This includes performing the monthly extraction, translation and reconciliation of month-end closing data from SAP into HFM, and the quarterly/annual loading of forecast and budget data from Hyperion planner into HFM, as well as creating and continuously maintaining all relevant process and system documentation.
- Process Improvements – Identify, develop, implement and drive continuous improvements in the corporate finance area. Play a leadership role in financial, operational, and system process re-engineering of accounting and reporting activities to achieve organizational objectives.
- Accounting - Perform the monthly accounting and closing activities of the general ledger and subsidiary financial systems for Selling, General and Administrative (SG&A) spending. Reconcile transactions with Sappi affiliates, including completion of month-end account reconciliations, application of confirmation procedures, and forecasting/budgeting related accounts. Assist with internal and external auditor requirements
- Financial Analysis - Analyze company personnel costs including medical and dental benefits, 401K, flexible spending accounts, and other benefit costs, and corporate metrics such as headcount, labor overhead allocations and other indicators. Compile results of analysis and effectively report results to senior management.
- Controls-Develop, implement and maintain control policies and procedures consistent with Company’s control framework and act as a financial resource to other corporate functions regarding these initiatives. Monitor controls over capital expenditures and fixed asset transactions.
- Documentation-Lead the effort to ensure that all relevant business process and system documentation pertaining to the corporate finance function is developed and continuously maintained.
- Other-Design and lead special projects and other assigned activities as directed by Company management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance. Public accounting experience a plus, but not required
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
- Strong system skills. SAP, Hyperion Planning (essbase), Hyperion Financial Management, and MS Excel experience highly preferred
Salary is determined by a number of factors including the value of the job to the organization, market forces, internal equity and skills brought to the job.
HR Contact for Questions: Mellissa Johnson
Contact Information: 617-423-5402 , firstname.lastname@example.org
Sappi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Sappi complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.