What do you dream of?
A child dreams of a future free from constraints. It's a great quality that we tend to lose as we grow older.
At Sappi Europe, not only do we still want to dream, we want to make our dreams come true. We will continue to consolidate and reinforce our position as one of the world's leading producer of coated fine paper.
To make our dreams come true, we need the right people to share our key employment values: integrity and trust, freedom with responsibility, courage to explore new avenues and personal development.
Do you still dare to dream? Come and talk to us if you do.
PURPOSE OF JOB
Interested in joining a multinational and dynamic team driving change within Sappi and its customers to create value and improve the print value chain?
As Solution Architect you will be a core member of Sappi´s Sales Development and internal software start-up team. The role will be pivotal in analyzing, defining and delivering print efficiency and E-commerce service solutions for the print value chain. In this role you will be guiding a diverse range of projects, and working with diverse technologies & customers.
Sappi customer projects
- Engagement in the consultative sales projects, jointly with sales
- Assess our customers’ internal, inbound and outbound processes to identify business performance improvement opportunities
- Acting as a trusted advisor to our sales force in defining, structuring & explaining and implementing:
- practical print workflow
- operational efficiency & supply chain solutions
To resolve the identified performance gaps, thus allowing Sappi to deliver mutual value in improving Sappi’s and its customers´ business performance
Development of Sappi value concepts
- Development of operational efficiency, supply chain and connectivity related value concepts and software solutions to improve Sappi customer base performance.
- Work within a cross-functional start-up to develop a value-adding product/service and ensure its successful launch to market.
- Designing the related data analysis tools and needed processes and measurements of value
- Assist to the validation of new technologies, processes and developments
- Support the Sales Development team in competitor analysis
Software solution sales & operations
- Support the software start-up and its sales to quantify our solution´s value and to progress sales
- Provide on-site and remote customer training & support to facilitate the initial installation of our software.
- Provide technical customer support to printers to maximize customer experience
- Collect and review market feedback and actionable metrics performance to guarantee total customer satisfaction
- Provide workflow and print technology consultancy to customers and support market oriented complaint handling
- Co-ordinate customers and sales force trainings on technical and product matters
- Act as a coach to continuously supply the necessary ammunition and Sales arguments to scale up our business solutions
- Contribute to software start-up product development
- Print Media (industry) education with good commercial skills
- Min 5 years’ experience (or equivalent) in areas such as, but not limited to:
- Business process or asset management solution architecture, ideally in graphic printing industry
- Providing solution services to graphic industry customers and brand owners
- Software user training (e.g. workflow building, system configuration, system admin, developing key users up to a professional/expert level)
- Bachelor or Master degree (or equivalent professional qualification)
- Willingness to travel up to 50% of the time, depending on the location
- Background in lean methodologies / operational efficiency initiatives in printing industry
- Required language proficiency: French and English. Other major European languages are a plus.
- Excellent MS Office skills
- Experience with Print Applications (e.g. Agfa Graphics Apogee, Switch, automation engine, webcenter etc.) and industry standards (e.g. PDF/X4 – JDF- PSO)
- Experience with JS, PHP, HTML, XML, CSS, jQuery and Data banks
- Practical experience in the set-up and configuration of Magento including extensions is a plus
- Solid managerial skills with cross-functional teams
- You are self-motivated, have a proactive personality and a ‘can-do’ attitude
- You have very good planning, coordination and organizational skills.
- Proven ability to work in multi-functional teams, networking effectively with others to achieve desired goals
- Proven ability to see the bigger picture and identify industry trends and opportunities.
- Visionary and willing to challenge the status quo, ability to drive change
- Solid communication and presentation skills at all organizational levels.
- Strong passion and knowledge of pre-press and print technology, emerging media, and the developments in information technology
- Value oriented, familiar with Lean methodologies & tools
- Strong critical thinking, complex problem solving, appropriate judgment, and decision making skills.
- Excellent customer service and troubleshooting skills with a strong service orientation focus
Timetable: as soon as possible
Kindly submit your application with a salary request
How to Apply? Please click on the job title and follow the system instructions. If you encounter any issue while applying, please contact your HR contact.