Sappi North America, headquartered in Boston, is a subsidiary of Sappi Limited (JSE), a global company headquartered in Johannesburg, South Africa, with more than 13,000 employees and manufacturing operations on three continents in seven countries and customers in over 100 countries around the world. We are a leading global provider of sustainable woodfiber products and solutions. The success of our four diversified businesses – high quality Coated Printing Papers, Specialised Cellulose, Release Papers and Specialty Packaging – is driven by strong customer relationships, best-in-class people and advantaged assets, products and services. Our high quality Coated Printing Papers, including McCoy, Opus, Somerset and Flo, are the key platform for premium magazines, catalogs, books and high-end print advertising. We are a leading manufacturer of Specialised Cellulose used in a wide range of products, including textile fibers and household goods, and one of the world's leading suppliers of Release Papers with our Ultracast and Classics lines for the automotive, fashion and engineered films industries. Our Specialty Packaging products, such as LusterPrint and LusterCote, represent an important asset in the food packaging and labelling industries. Customers rely on Sappi for high technical, operational and market expertise; products and services delivered with consistently high quality and reliability; and, state-of-the-art and cost-competitive assets and innovative spirit.
Position (job title): Brand Manager
Work Site: HO Boston
This position is responsible for supporting the long-term brand strategy and developing and executing marketing plans. This position will help define pricing, product features, and distribution strategies. He/she will assist in the execution of marketing initiatives in support of long term strategies established by leadership of the business unit. He/she will be focused on maximizing profit and strategic customer mix by optimizing demand across all 5 North American coated paper machines. This position will also lead projects across all the brands in support of the marketing strategy.
- Works closely with Inside and Outside Sales to facilitate decisions that require marketing approvals and actions to satisfy customer requests in a timely manner. Works closely with Supply Chain to give marketing insight to decisions and helps execute “go to market” plans.
- Executes various marketing projects throughout the year that could include marketing promotions, product redesign, cross-functional projects with Supply Chain, customer facing projects, etc. to support profit and growth with strategic customers.
- Provides support to Brand Directors for data analysis, problem solving, project support as needed.
- Assists in the development and growth of new business by researching market opportunities, providing analytical support for new opportunities, works across the organization to support the evaluation of new opportunities, and facilitate the execution of new products
Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field or Engineering
5-8 years of relevant business experience, including brand marketing, product, marketing, consultative selling, supply chain, or manufacturing.
- Should understand sales processes, order management, and environmental certification usage in order to address questions on these topics
- Expert and Microsoft Office Suite
Salary is determined by a number of factors including the value of the job to the organization, market forces, internal equity and skills brought to the job.
HR Contact for Questions: Mellissa Johnson
Contact Information: 617-423-5402 , email@example.com
Sappi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Sappi complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.