Sappi Southern Africa
Saiccor Mill, Umkomaas
Engineering Superintendent Mechanical Workshop Fitting ( HRL 15U )
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Sappi Saiccor seeks to employ an incumbent to effectively manage the maintenance of all equipment within the fitting workshop in order to optimize efficiency
REPORTING TO Workshop Manager
- Communicates management objectives, changes and policies to subordinates in the workshops
- Supervising, coordinating and the coaching of subordinates
- Attends all MDT/SHEQ/RCA failure analysis meetings
- Follow equipment repair procedures as per Sappi workflow process
- Monitors monthly budget reports and takes all possible action to remain within the budget
- Control and manage WorkCentre cost and PR’s
- Effectively manage SAP backlog management process
- Works within the framework of the Companies Safe work procedure (SHEQ) policies
- Prioritize and assign all work orders
- Creates/releases work orders on SAP and generates stores requisitions, update BOM ( bill of materials) as required and generates RFQ’S with scope of work
- Ensures high standards of workmanship by over inspecting and following the work progress in accordance with workshop QCP
- Manage and carry out final acceptance of repaired equipment
- Works overtime when situation requires it
- Does leave roster, standby roster
- Planning to ensure all spares are readily available
- Conduct and evaluate repair standards
- Manages time and attendance
- Continuously monitors, supports, evaluates, and revises best operating practices, QCP’s and drawings / diagrams, working to up-dated drawings at all times
- Monitors, equipment effectiveness in order to recommend maintenance upgrade and the replacements of existing equipment to optimise efficiency and availability
- Assists with planning of scheduled maintenance plant shutdowns
- Incident accident investigations
- Safety and Health inspections
KEY COMPETENCIES / SKILLS
- Planning and organising
- Communication Skills.
- People Management skills need to lead/drive a great team
- SAP R/3 – Plant maintenance
- PC Literacy
- Troubleshooting and diagnostics.
- Knowledge of safety procedures, ISO 14000, ISO 9002 & ISO 17025
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- N3 Mechanical
- Recognized Trade test Certificate
- Previous experience as a Foreman and/or Team Leader in engineering workshop environment will be advantageous.
- Minimum 5 years post trade experience
Closing Date: 19 December 2018
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issue while applying contact your HR contact.
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.