Sappi Southern Africa
Forestry Clan Nursery
Nurseries Manager KZN ( HRL 17 )
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To ensure that high quality genetic material is produced & delivered to internal and external customers at the right time in order to generate revenue.
REPORTING TO : Divisional Nurseries Manager
- Ensure effective safety systems are in place and managed.
- Ensure compliance to SHEQ and legal requirements.
- Ensure monthly safety inspections and meetings are conducted.
- Ensure accountability for safety of staff and other stakeholders.
- Ensure short to medium term availability of vegetative material and seedling supplies.
- Produce the required planting material as per the nursery production plan.
- Management of staff to attain production plan and improve efficiencies.
- Arrange replenishment of consumables timeously.
- Monitor and adjust the fertilizer plan consistently to ensure growth is manipulated to meet customer plant requirements, as per order.
- Monitor the use of resources and ensure highest level of productivity and efficiency is attained.
- Ensure sufficient trays are prepared for daily production.
- Management of tray movement to customers.
- Liaise with customers on a regional basis (Own, Project and Private growers) to receive annual plant request
- Manage and update customer order’s database bases on changes and modifications to original orders
- Arrange supply of plants from various nurseries (Own and Outside) to fulfil plant orders
- Receive weekly supply schedule and manage daily transport logistics.
- Accurate reporting of sales.
- Ensure that plants supplied meet all PQI specifications.
- Liaise with customers and react to plant quality issues timeously.
- Scope, and motivate for CAPEX requirements and ensure work is completed within specifications and required timeframe.
- Lead and performance manage subordinates to attain objectives.
- Manage staff personal development plans and ensure competency gaps are closed.
- Provide coaching support to subordinates to facilitate realistic career paths.
- Provide coaching and mentoring towards nursery contractors.
- Build effective teams and manage employee relations.
- Effective management of time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Ensure that staff comply with legislative and company policies and procedures.
- Achieve industry accreditation and comply with industry regulations.
KEY COMPETENCIES / SKILLS
- Plant production, propagation, growth
- Planning, Organizing and Innovative.
- Conflict management skills
- Priority setting
- Leadership skills
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- B-Tech in Forestry / Agriculture / Horticulture
- A Bachelor's degree will be preferable
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience
- Valid Drivers License
Closing date 31st January 2019
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issue while applying contact the HR contact.
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.