Sappi Southern Africa
Laboratory Assistant (Scale C)
Sappi Ngodwana Mill seek to place a suitably qualified Laboratory Assistant to take samples throughout the Mill every hour.
REPORTING TO Shift Supervisor
- Takes samples accurately on an hourly basis at various points in the various plants
- Prepare in-process and final pulp samples for analytical testing
- Liaise with production personnel with regards to safety problems in the plant.
- Operates Laboratory instrumentation
- Evaluate the quality of results obtained before reporting results
- Comply with all ISO methods for the tests performed.
- Analyses the final product to declare production in terms of oven dry tons (Unbleached Uptake reels).
- Analyse and report special samples requested by the plant.
- Enter results accurately into the computer using the Laboratory Information System software program.
- Accountable for the correct use of PPE, housekeeping and general safety applicable to sampling and tests performed
- Identification; communication and mitigation of risks
KEY COMPETENCIES / SKILLS
- Problem solving
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- Matric with Maths and Physical Science/ N3 Pulp and Paper
- Chemistry/ Lab related qualification will be advantageous
- Laboratory/Pulp and Paper industry experience will be an advantage
Closing date for applications: 23 November 2018
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issue while applying contact your HR contact.
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.