Sappi Southern Africa
Boilermaker ( P11 )
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To ensure optimum plant availibility by welding and fabricating components, including pipe work, structures and general steelwork according to engineering sepcifications and safety standards, contributing to overall equipment effectiveness.
REPORTING TO: MECHANICAL FOREMAN
- Fabricate, weld and shape metal sheets and piping to maintain production machines and other equipment using suitable tools and equipment.
- Perform plant maintenance and remedial work according to SAP notifications, work orders and planned schedules, including during shuts. Complete notifications and work orders on the SAP system.
- Identify repairs required on systems during breakdowns and repair the problem to keep downtime to a minimum. Participate in failure analysis.
- Complete inspections as required on all boilermaker equipment and tools.
- Complete predictive maintenance activities for example do plant pipe work checks and report abnormal conditions
- Report all defects and equipment risks to the direct supervisor.
- Draw spares from Stores using the picking list in SAP.
- Performs any other assigned tasks that fall within the scope of a Boilermaker.
- Share knowledge with other Boilermaker/learners in the section and in other areas of the plant.
- Boilermaker will be required to work overtime and work weekends on a standby basis.
- Understand and comply with the safety, health, environment and quality (SHEQ) requirements of the section.
KEY COMPETENCIES / SKILLS
- Planning and organizing
- Problem Solving
- Workplace Safety
- Standard Welding Procedures
- Pipeline Welding Analysis
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- Grade 12 and N2 Mechanical Engineering (N3 Engineering would be preferred)
- Recognised Trade Test Certificate as a Boilermaker
- 2 years post-apprenticeship experience in a heavy engineering environment will be preferred.
Closing date: 20 December 2018
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issue while applying contact your HR contact.
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com . Click on careers --> Browse vacancies --> Sign in. Create an account and apply.
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.