Sappi Southern Africa
Saiccor Mill, Umkomaas
Shift Superintendent :Pulping & Recovery X5 ( HRL 15U )
Sappi Saiccor seeks to employ an incumbent to co-ordinate and supervise relevant plants ensuring maximum production and specified quality by adhering to safety procedures and effective people management principles.
REPORTING TO Operations Manager
- Record and analyse plant data and monitor factory conditions
- Give instructions to make adjustments to optimise production output by following safe operating procedures
- Co-ordinate and liaise with all other plants to ensure that MgO2 & 3 Digester plants are kept within balance compilation and control of budget
- Ensure optimum plant utilization and minimize machine, plant or equipment downtime by arranging rapid remedial action by shift artisans and also calling in extra personnel where required
- Ensure Safety and Environmental compliance as per Legal Requirements
- Record relevant plant information as required in the logbooks and populate required spreadsheets
- Implement emergency decisions as and when required
- Maintain discipline by applying the Sappi Saiccor disciplinary code consistently and fairly
KEY COMPETENCIES / SKILLS
- Strong supervisory skills with the ability to manage work and performance of subordinates
- Good Interpersonal skills
- Strong planning and organizing skills
- Ability to multi – task
- Problem solving and troubleshooting
- Understanding of Plant Operations and equipment layout
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- NQF level 6 qualification (National Diploma in Pulp and Paper or related equivalent)
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in an industrial environment associated with pulp & paper
- Good organizational and communication skills
- Computer Literacy (MS Office, SAP)
Closing Date: 23 November 2018
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issue while applying contact your HR contact.
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.