Sappi Southern Africa
Saiccor Mill, Umkomaas
Technician - FTC ( 83 )
To provides technical service by evaluating and recommending changes and improvements in the utility, chemical recovery and pulp processes and to advise and assist the respective process engineer to solve their daily technical problems. The focus is on maximising profitability of the designated production unit by improving quality and maximising run rates.
REPORTS TO: Process Engineer
- Ensure that the plant and equipment are running efficiently at optimum chemical conditions by utilizing production log sheets, DCS trends, as well as other information sources as required.
- Evaluates data using statistical techniques to determine the effectiveness of the raw material or process change.
- Ensures correct filing of documentation requesting a process or plant modification change
- Investigate process problems or production bottlenecks by analysing the process flow drawings, SAP records, previous reports, technical literature, consulting with maintenance & other personnel and knowledge of the process.
- Provide support in respect of process status (accurate and timeous information) to process engineer.
- Investigates incidents (SHEQ) and identify root causes of Non-Conformances and corrects deviations.
- Maintains a high level of good housekeeping in the workplace at all time.
- N 6 in Pulp and Paper or equivalent.
- 1-2 years industrial process control experience
- Computer literate
Closing Date: 16 November 2018
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issue while applying contact your HR contact.
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.