Sappi Southern Africa
PROCESS RELIEF OPERATOR : LOGISTICS (scale F)
Sappi Ngodwana Mill seeks to place a suitably prospective Process Relief Operator for Logistics for the purpose of the relief operator programme is to assist production in reducing overtime by providing leave/training relief.
REPORTING TO the Shift Supervisor
- Takes and hands over shift.
- Operate process/equipment according to best operating practices.
- Complete section specific interventions/initiatives as planned and agreed for all the identified positions for the specific section.
- Relieves operators and carries out all tasks prescribed for these positions.
- Assists the foreman/operating staff at breakdowns and in the supervision of staff when necessary.
- Ensure accurate reporting by recording all incidents in the shift log book.
- Reports all breakdowns, faulty equipment to Foreman.
- Attend progress meetings with the section training representative, line supervisor and/or mentor, coach and act on any remedial action and/or additional requirements.
- Participates in shift activities (5 why problem-solving etc).
- Understand the SHEQ requirements of the job.
- Identify and take corrective action in terms of SHEQ conditions and hazards.
- Comply with all relevant SHEQ requirements.
- Maintains a high level of good housekeeping in the workplace at all times.
- Conducts regular BBS Observations.
KEY COMPETENCIES / SKILLS
- Proactive / Initiative
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- N3 Pulp and Paper/Matric with Maths and Physical Science
- Code 08 licence
- Previous experience as a fork/clamp truck operator will be advantageous
Closing date for applications: 19 November 2018
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issue while applying contact your HR contact.
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.